Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Technology in the Classroom

Image borrowed from: http://pinartarhan.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/blogging.jpg

Hey Blog, it's been a while.....

When thinking about technology in the classroom, loads of new ideas come to my mind.  Thankfully I was introduced last semester, in my Advanced Composition course, to the beauty of technology in the classroom and how it can assist in classroom learning.  I love SmartBoards, yet every time I use them it seems as if they don't love me.  The access of a document camera in the classroom in handy for students who have to do a presentation, yet don't have access to a laptop to bring into the classroom.  Although, I am not too fond of the whole disco-light show that goes on when we use the document camera in our Methods classroom.  I love the idea of incorporating blogging into the classroom.  The internet and citizen journalism are slowly dominating our world, and I would love for my future students to be knowledgeable about the progressiveness of the internet. 

2 comments:

  1. First, way to show off with the picture. I'm sort of fond of the document camera; if all you want is to show off something from a book, it'd be nice not to have to transfer it to an overhead sheet or paste it into a PowerPoint slide. Also, if you had to audible during a lesson, you'd still have the ability to display text for all the class to see. I do agree, though, that our particular document camera is less than glowingly functional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say I was drawn to your fancy picture too. I also love the design and am a bit jealous of your skills.

    I like the idea of a smartboard although I have not seen it in action yet. I love the idea of the doc reader in our classroom too but think the whole focus thing has really kicked our butts. I laughed silently to myself when you mentioned the rainbow disco lights because I thought I was losing my mind and the only one to see it. You have a good point on how this relates to the world at large. I haven't put too much thought on how this is related to the world and the big picture. I guess I'm just a bit short sighted and need to open my eyes a bit.

    ReplyDelete